Do you love children. Do you have passion and a desire to change the world. YOU can make a positive change in the most amazing way by volunteering in Vietnam! Right now CNCF is looking for volunteers to work in our Ho Chi Minh City-basedCentre of Social Assistance for Disadvantaged Children. We need volunteers…
A life-changing opportunity, we are looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals to spend their days with the wonderful children at the centre - helping them to play, to learn and to smile.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to make a difference in the world - it's an incredibly rewarding experience that will change your life.
Read below and if you or someone you know fits the bill, get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org or call03 9663 4447.
You can also read theVolunteer Handbook here.
Overview of the CNCF Volunteer Experience
- Our volunteers come from all over the world - the UK, Ireland, the US - so you'll meet a wonderful group of people. Many are in their gap year, have just finished university or are having a career break / retiring, so this opportunity would particularly suit someone in either of those situations - but anyone can volunteer!
- You'll be in charge of running daily activities aimed at improving motor skills & coordination of the children eg making things, role play, arts and crafts, puzzles etc, as well as helping with teeth-brushing, nappy changing & putting the children down for naps
- Giving the children love and affection is a big part of the role - hugging them and smiling at them is important every day
- The children at our centre range in age from newborns to school-age children. Some need special care, but every single child is a delight to be around
- You'll get to spend time with the children inside the centre, as well as taking them on excursions to some of Saigon's beautiful park, playgrounds or the zoo
- The children requires consistency & stability, so generally we require you to be able to sign up for3 months. However there are some circumstances where we will consider a shorter period.
- Anyone is welcome to volunteer, however experience with children or practice in occupational therapy, physiotherapy and teaching are added benefits
- This is an unpaid volunteer position, so you'll need to save your pennies for the trip! However, Ho Chi Minh City and Vietnam in general is relatively cheap to live in for living and food costs
- CNCF can help you find a place to stay, as well as provide info on living in Ho Chi Minh City, things to do, places to see in Vitenam and social events to get involved in
So, whether you or someone you know have been inspired by Christina herself, or are just looking for a way to give back to the world, we want to hear from YOU!
It will be an experience you will remember and value for the rest of your life!