Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire - William Butler Yeats.
Kindergarten plays a vital role in preparing children for their future education, as well as offering opportunity for socialisation and play. In rural Vietnam, the realities of poverty often stand in the way of…
Last year CNCF Australia and its supporters played a pivotal role in the building of the Kim Dong Kindergarten in the Vinh Long Province. Thanks to the tireless work and dedication of CNCF Australia fundraisers, children from 4 hamlets - An Hoa, An Hoa 1, An Thanh and An Phu now have access to a spacious and well-equipped space for study and play. You can see photos of the construction of the kindergarten (and the visit to the site that some of our fundraisers made) on our Facebook page.
And we aren’t stopping there!
Kim Dong is only one of the areas in desperate need of kindergartens, and so in 2014 we are looking to construct another kindergarten within Vinh Long’s Huu Thanh Commune.
The Huu Thanh Commune is home to approximately 461 families, all struggling to live on around $19-$24 USD per month, with the ever looming prospect of becoming ill from the serious lack of clean water in the area.
In addition to this, any family who wants their child to attend kindergarten must walk long distances to do so, with roads becoming muddy and dangerous to travel on during the rainy season.
The proposed kindergarten building will be constructed on an area of 3,000 square metres and be comprised of two classrooms, a kitchen, toilets and adjoining corridors.
We Need Your Help!
We are currently looking for people to fundraise for the building of the Huu Thanh Kindergarten. If you are interested in helping to be part of building a space for children to grow, there are 3 ways to do it:
1.DONATE NOW by clicking hereand choosing the Huu Thanh kinder project when prompted
2.Set-up your own fundraising event(it can be whatever you want and we will help you every step) by clickinghere
3.Contact our officeon (03) 9663 4447 or email@example.com find out other ways to support the Kinder project.
More detail on the Huu Thanh Kindergarten
The kindergarten will offer benefits for both children and the wider community:
For the children:
- Safe and spacious classrooms for study and play
- Preparation for primary school
- Access to clean water supply and sanitation including proper toilets
- Access to healthcare and promotion of proper sanitary practice
- Nutritious food
For the community:
- Increased educational standard of the whole community
- Allowing both parents to work thereby increasing productivity and improving living conditions of families
- Providing access to health and nutritional education
- Creating employment opportunities in the region
- Increased opportunities for local officials to enhance project management skills in order to develop further initiatives on their own in the future.